Since October I have been taking lessons at the same ranch where Morgan and Ansley went to summer camp. Thanks to my instructer Jennifer, I have learned many new things with riding horses. It is exciting to be able to know how to saddle up and groom your own horse, but I mostly love all of the training I am getting with riding a horse correctly. It is an incredible workout and I never thought I would be soooo sore! It is amazing how far I have come in such a short time period.
Over Christmas break, I brought Ansley to the ranch for our very own lesson. Ansley rode Sully and I rode Prince. Thanks Jennifer, for all of your hard work. Ansley really enjoyed the lesson and is excited about having some more soon!
Ansley walking Sully over the poles.
Ansley practicing two point over the poles. Way to go, Ansley!!!
Maria Trotting Prince!
Maria posting during a trot! For the past two weeks, I have been working on trotting over the poles. (My calves were sooo sore the next day after the first attempt. You have to hold your post longer to keep from bouncing and it really works your legs.) Yesterday, Jennifer had me posting while trotting over the poles and then she had me working on two point while trotting over the poles. This is basically your weight on two feet and you are leaning forward balancing with your abs and trying not to touch their mane....I guess like a jockey while racing....ANYWAY, I can't walk today. BUT IT WAS FUN!!!
The end of our lesson! Time to undress and groom the horses and then we can give them some carrots to reward them for their hard work.
The end of our lesson! Time to undress and groom the horses and then we can give them some carrots to reward them for their hard work. 
1 comment:
You two sure are riding like champs.
Post a Comment