Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

With 2007 drawing towards a close it is great to remember all of the wonderful events and multiple blessings which took place during the last twelve months. Unfortunately, pictures were forgotten during our Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations, but the time was shared equally with family and friends. Thanksgiving was celebrated in our new house with both families visiting and Christmas was celebrated in my sisters new house! Jack and I also traveled to the mountains to visit his family for christmas and even managed to go on two wonderful hikes in the Blue Ridge mountains. It has been exciting to be able to share our beautiful new home with our family and friends over the past couple of months and Santa certainly took care of us all this year. Jack and I both ended up with a ski outfit, so you can only imagine what we will be doing in the coming months!

We just recently also hosted an after christmas gathering (once again, sorry no pictures) and tonight we will be bringing in the New Year and our new resolutions at my mom and dad's with once again our beloved family and friends. It will be nice to finally rest after the holidays!!!!

For me, New Years is not only a time to celebrate the coming of a new year but also a celebration of all the blessings which were previously bestowed upon me. This year my new years resolution is to work on dedication....to be more dedicated to the ones I love, to be more dedicated towards my job and the hours put in, to become more dedicated towards God and my own spiritual journey and more dedication into my own personal health.
With this said, I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Years and may we remember to count our blessings in 2008 and be thankful for all we have and all we have been given.

Happy New Years Everyone!

4 comments:

Jen Sides said...

Happy New Year! I hope you guys are doing well :)

Maria and Jack said...

The same to you...I love your new pictures on your blog. Your girls are just precious.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we celebrated Christmas and no one broke out the camera. That's a first. We had a great time at your new and might I say gorgeous home.

Maria and Jack said...

aawwww! Thanks!
I can't believe it either!!!! Out of all the cameras and not one picture! How Lame!