Friday, July 27, 2007

Restoration Update- Floors

Kitchen floor before

Kitchen Floor -during restoration

Guest Bedroom with Bay window - before

Guest Bedroom with Bay window AFTER Hand scraping the paint and stain!


Butlers Pantry - Before

After Pulling up Linoleum, Tar paper, Glue and then Hand Scraping! Fun HUH?

Next, We scrub the floors with Lye and then oil them...

and then FINITO!!!

(I have only damaged some nerves in my hand and on nerve pain medicine now, but it will all be worth it...RIGHT???!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My God, What a difference! You are doing a great job. You need to rest your hand though.

Maria and Jack said...

It has been two weeks and it is still numb!!!! I have not scraped a single paint chip since then...yeah I know ...I am a slacker. LOL. Thanks for the positive comment...hopefully just a few more weeks....????